Wednesday, November 10, 2010

a long time comin'

I've been bad at this whole blog business.  I apologize, but it's just not really my thing.  Talking me, me, me, for the unknown to read via the world wide web can seem strange.  I understand it's importance however, and will continue to try.

Anyway, I was thinking of things that have been nice to have some distance from over the past two plus months and the list goes as such:
  • A time sensitive lifestyle- As Americans, we really are conditioned to live a, "to the minute life."
  • Safe from harm rules- as creepy as that sounds, I mean, we can't even play hide and seek!
  • Genetically modified meats and pesticide ridden fruits and vegetables.
  • A vehicle- This caught me off guard, but I love my two hours on public transport each day!
  • Political debate, with the dividing line being Republican/Democrat.
  • More of the last- Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, health care talks, etc.
  • Commercials
  • Not being good at basketball...
  • Brass band (sorry, but I like instruments you plug in)
  • My couch (the place where no physical activity happens)- We've been playing sports once a week, and doing plenty of walking.
So, life really is simpler; kind of like when you spend a summer at camp.  All of these things are obtainable for us in the states, but maybe it takes living without them to know how important they are to us.  It's something I'll be working at when I'm home again.

Don't get me wrong, the list of things we're missing is a long one.  To name a few:
  • Family/friends
  • Merced Corps folk
  • American sports
  • Taco Bell
  • Mountain Dew
  • Good and fairly priced (specifically Cheddar and mozzarella) cheese
  • Carpet (haven't seen it once since we've been here)
  • Friends/family
  • Spicy food
It would be nice to teleport back every once in a while, but we are loving life.

    1 comment:

    1. Hi Kelsey,

      I must admit I was surprised when I found out you and Jess were in Brno. It sounds like you are having a great time in every respect!

      My experience of the Czech Republic is limited to Prague. I went there when I was in the Army - we were the first foreign troops to march into the the presendential palace since WW2. I enjoyed visiting Prague.

      Kind regards to Jess.

      God bless,

      Paul.

      ReplyDelete